Our Privacy Statement and Commitment
Safe Haven Financial values your business and we thank you for your confidence in choosing our firm as your source of advice and products. As our client, you trust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the information you share in the course of doing business with us. This document outlines our practice with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
What we will not do with your information
We do not sell or share client information with organizations outside of our relationship with you that would use it to contact you about their own products or services.
Personal Information We Collect
Safe Haven Financial collect personal information in a number of circumstances in the course of conducting our business. Personal information we may collect includes:
- Name, address, email address, telephone number, and other contact information;
- Age, birth date, social insurance number, ID numbers, gender, credit card numbers or license plate numbers;
- information about your preferences, income, assets or personal finances;
- Medical records, credit records, loan records, driving record, employment records, insurance or transaction history;
- Information about your insurance claims or claims history; and such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We generally collect personal information directly from you, for example, from application forms that you fill out for our insurance products and services, or when you communicate with us by telephone, email or in person. We may also collect personal information about you from other sources, such as other insurance brokers, insurance companies, and consumer reporting agencies, industry associations and data banks, investment product suppliers, marketing agencies, government agencies, claims adjusters, employers, and inspectors.
Use of Personal Information
Safe Haven Financial generally uses personal information to manage and administer our business, including to understand your insurance needs, communicate with you effectively and to provide you with the products and services you request. For example, Safe Haven Financial may use your personal information to:
- Determine your eligibility for, offer and/or provide you with insurance products and services that you request
- Evaluate credit worthiness and monitor, collect premiums and fees
- Verify your identity
- Determine prices, fees and premiums including by evaluating your coverage needs and assessing risk
- Maintain, administer, collect, service and renew your account(s) and assess your ongoing needs for insurance products and services
- Update credit bureau reports
- Investigate and settle claims
- Determine your eligibility for and offer and provide other products or services that may be of interest to you, such as investment or retirement products or group benefits, unless you ask us not to
- Detect and protect against error or fraud
- Compile statistics and conduct market research
- Maintain business records for reasonable periods
- Meet legal, regulatory, self-regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements; and otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.